Release v0.6.0 (Installation)
python-pptx is a Python library for creating and updating PowerPoint (.pptx) files.
A typical use would be generating a customized PowerPoint presentation from database content, downloadable by clicking a link in a web application. Several developers have used it to automate production of presentation-ready engineering status reports based on information held in their work management system. It could also be used for making bulk updates to a library of presentations or simply to automate the production of a slide or two that would be tedious to get right by hand.
More information is available in the python-pptx documentation.
Browse examples with screenshots to get a quick idea what you can do with python-pptx.
python-pptx has the following capabilities, with many more on the roadmap:
- Round-trip any Open XML presentation (.pptx file) including all its elements
- Add slides
- Populate text placeholders, for example to create a bullet slide
- Add image to slide at arbitrary position and size
- Add textbox to a slide; manipulate text font size and bold
- Add table to a slide
- Add auto shapes (e.g. polygons, flowchart shapes, etc.) to a slide
- Add and manipulate column, bar, line, and pie charts
- Access and change core document properties such as title and subject
Additional capabilities are actively being developed and added on a release cadence of roughly once per month. If you find a feature you need that python-pptx doesn’t yet have, reach out via the mailing list or issue tracker and we’ll see if we can jump the queue for you to pop it in there :)
- Table-related objects
- Text-related objects
- Click Action-related Objects
- DrawingML objects
- Excel Number Formats